Wednesday, October 3, 2007

PJ's for Cheap

I like buying clothes but I have a hard time spending money on pajamas. I'm not sure why. I think it is because all Kylee does is sleep in them and by the time she outgrows them, they are so worn out/stained that I would never give them away as hand-me-downs or sell them.

I came up with a solution:

Some inexpensive flannel from the big discount chain store (1/2 a yard each)


Plus a little sewing time
and you get some cute flannel jammy pants. I also bought some $2 shirts from the big discount chain store. They work great and I've only put about $4 and 20 minutes in each set of jammies.

I made a couple pair of short gaucho like pants and the rest are long pants. They are working out great so far!


warning: these are not flame resistant as says on the label when you buy the fabric. So as long as I keep Ky from smoking in her crib then I think we will be fine.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Ehat a great idea! She looks adorable in her baseball hat! Love the new pic on your sidebar!

kellyo75 said...

I think those are adorable! What a fabulous idea!!

Mamarazzi said...

WAY cute...i can't wait to learn how to make them!