Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Yummy Cinnamon rolls


I like making Cinnamon rolls (and my family likes eating them) and I have found a really good/easy recipe. I made them just the other day and they didn't last long. Actually I taught my SIL M how to make them so I only ended up with about half of the batch and her family ate the other half.



You can also use this recipe for dinner rolls that are just as yummy!

For dough part you'll need:

2 1/2 cups warm water

1/4 cup sugar

2 T yeast

2 T salt

6 cups wheat or white flour

1/3 cup shortening

Combine water, sugar and yeast, let set for 10 minutes. In a seperate bowl combine flour and salt, add shortening. Mix and knead, let rise to double. Form 2-3 loaves (or small rolls). Bake at 350 degrees for 35-50 minutes (less for individual rolls).

Cinnamon Rolls: after letting rise once, roll out dough, add softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon. Roll into a snake and cut into about 1 1/2 sections and lay in greased pan. Let rise to double again and cooke in 350 degrees oven for 20-25 minutes. (there is no exact measurements on the brown sugar, butter etc...just put as much as you like...the more the better). You can also add raisins, nuts or chocolate chips.

If you add raisins does it make it healthy?? I think so

4 comments:

Christie said...

Yum! If you add fruit they are healthy for sure! Might have to give them a try...

Jenny said...

looks good! thanks for the recipe. it's so fun to meet new people in this blog-world. your daughter is adorable!

Jean said...

Love the "bow" pictures! Your cinnamon rolls look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I've heard about replacing some of the shortening with apple sauce, but I'm such a baking novice that I can't say that's for sure.

My DH LOVES cinnamon rolls. He heard somewhere that cinnamon helps with diabetes. However, I don't think cinnamon rolls are what he's looking for. :)