Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday

(instead of Gratitude Sunday)


I'm Thankful for my family, especially this little girl who once could lay in her daddy's baseball cap (even while swaddled), who is now a giggly, excited, talkative, and funny 20 month old and I get to spend nearly every day with her.


Modern medicine, who made it possible for a little girl with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome to stay alive and also to get ear tubes today so that ear infections can stop jepordizing her health and life.

Modern medicine (again) and Medical professionals with a passion to help, who will on Monday remove a defective disconnected Port-A-Cath from the right side of my chest and put a new one in on the left side, all while keeping me from losing to much blood because of the blood thinners I have to take, but also keeping me from getting a dangerous blood clot. (does any of that make sense?).

The weather we have been experiencing...it has been beautiful.

Vacation time, so that my husband can take off the days needed to help me get through the upcoming procedure and still making it possible for us to pay our bills.

A loving, caring Heavenly Father who I know I can turn to and count on whenever I need him.


7 comments:

Jean said...

Trusting that all will go well for you and your little family! Take care!

Christie said...

Yay for modern medicine. If we didn't live in a devloped country I would probably have died in childbirth...

I wish you well on Monday.

Gina said...

I am so happy you are well and that modern medicine has you leading a beautiful life. What a great list of blessings! Heavenly Father is so good to us.

Mel said...

Modern medicine is a big one for us too!

You have a beautiful little girl there:)

Jenny said...

wow - good luck with what you're going through. i hope everything goes well.

Jean said...

Like your new look! I left an answer on my blog but wasn"t sure if you would check there. I got the snow suit at Marshalls (I think TJMaxx has the same stuff). It's OshKosh and was only $25. for the set.

Nettie said...

You truly are blessed!